abril 14, 2005

east versus west

I rang up A and he talked me through Argentina and Patagonia. He says I need to think about what time of year I go to the most variable climates. Equatorial countries don't change, but other hemispheres could really cost me in warm clothing if I keep veering about.

I told him about the around the world flights. You have to pick just one direction: east or west. Then you can only go along, in that direction, not up or down or back on yourself.

It makes starting in Hawaii a bit of a pisser.

I'll have to fly direct to Code H, then start the round trip ticket from there.

Dunno how I'm going to fit in India. The Trans Siberian railroad from Moscow to Beijing will send me too far over to go back.

I have my itinerary. Now I need to join the places with lines.

I shall start in Hawaii and go west.

So: second stop - Fiji.