junio 03, 2003

USA

Gimme some advice!

Do you know of any people / places / hotels / restaurants / bars / guides / resources in this country that you think would be unmissable?

I desperately need your advice, tips and recommendations. What's more, I have a memory like sliced slurry, and whatever you tell me in a drunken fug by the Thames is already gone: I need it written down.

Stick your advice in the comments - pleasepleaseplease, and I'll add it onto this main post as soon as I hit a country with a proper broadband connection...

Cheers, me dears...





My dream was to travel along two big rivers in the USA - the Missouri through Montana, then the Mississippi (St Louis, New Orleans, Charleston and Savannah) .

But actually, right now it looks like I'll get to the Charleston & Savannah bit by February 2007.




Andrew suggests adding Charleston and Savannah to the itinerary - both towns he says are historically and architecturally beautiful - unchanged since the early twenties. He also points out that Steve lives in St Louis...

Jen (also) has agreed to meet up in Charleston or Savannah, for a chat and a backslapping session.