abril 18, 2005

Laying Plans

P at work lent me the best possible thing, a copy of The Rough Guide 'First Time Around the World'.

I spent all afternoon sitting in the sun engrossed in the thing.

I have to buy this; it's full of ideas and sensible things, and advice and tips. All the things I was failing at. Daily expenses (divide the world into three bands), how to travel (overland, boat, plane, etc), how much to plan (two big things a week, apparently, with time off for good behaviour every three weeks), when to work (work in countries with hard currency, spend it in countries with soft). Most of all, when to open the guidebook and plan the minutiae (on the plane).

I need my own copy - it's going to end up covered in notes, and P wants it back. She bought the book then didn't do the journey. I know that regret. It's behind at least three of my potential itineraries; journeys I once planned and failed to make.

Also: I sold my car. For one pound. I'm hoping I can one day get it back at cost price. :)

2 Advice:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Brilliant. I've been hoping for a decent umbrella book for tips and pointers! yay!

mayo 01, 2005 9:26 p. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

Yeah, sod anyone who thinks it's wussy. Wusses need cuddles, from organised sounding books. :)

mayo 06, 2005 3:36 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home