enero 19, 2006

so where've you been? 17 Switzerland

Best expressed, I think, in an email received after leaving:
Vanessa

You did not wash the duvet
You did not make the bed
You did not clean the dirty dishes in the sink
nor fold the toilet paper at the ends the way Christine does so beautifully
You did not put the dvd of 'Festen' back in its sleeve
You did not replace the four biscuits you ate
Though you did get me some stamps
You also left me with thirty unripened kiwi fruit
You wrote me a lovely note
graciously thanking me for my hospitality
And were in every way a good guest

I am glad you enjoyed the quiet solitude
My books, my city, my paintings
Through the computer, the one-remove access to the world
You wrote essays and letters
You were able to think rationally
I was able to sit and drink tea and be happy to be your friend

And that was lovely
To watch you, being restored
With apologies to the author. :)

3 Advice:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

How wonderful! I have completely lost track of you, my own fault for being bad at communicating. (Also made an astoundingly long-overdue sponsorship payment...)

enero 24, 2006 6:43 p. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

Don't worry. I completely lost track of me, as well.

enero 25, 2006 7:41 a. m.  
Blogger PPQ said...

hey you - did you get my mail?

x

enero 26, 2006 2:32 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home