abril 25, 2005

Countdown

This is neat. Though ultimately uninteresting for anyone but me, right here, right now. Still. An organisational countdown. For the terminally disorganised.

Neat.

  • March -
    Decide if you need Hep A or Hep B jabs
    Research flights on the web

  • April -
    Decide if you want to get cargo ship tickets anywhere
    Book plane tickets
    Take out travel insurance
    Arrange visas, or check availability / times for visas - particularly work / study visas or complex bureaucratic countries
    Sort out ending lease on current accommodation

  • May -
    Medical check up and other vaccinations
    Credit cards sorted out, and meet personal banker (establish line of credit, power of attorney, etc)

  • June -
    Buy travel gear (thanks to fmc for volunteering brilliant information on this)
    Break in walking boots
    Arrange any discount cards needed
    Sort out communications cards, etc
    Dental check up
    Get contact lens


I'm as organised as a damn goldfish. I need this much of a list.

4 Advice:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

And it's interesting to me.... we can learn from each other. :)

mayo 01, 2005 9:30 p. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

Ha. First thing I learn is that I fail to get all the April things done till way into May. Betcha any amount.

mayo 03, 2005 6:15 p. m.  
Blogger Sal said...

> * Buy travel gear (thanks to fmc for volunteering brilliant information on this)

Katmandhu. kiwi mob. best backpacks by an order of magnitude. for the rest: german tents, danish boots, {american, oz, kiwi} rough country supplies

> Break in walking boots

Eccos. No breaking-in required. Of the useful hiking boots, these are the most comfortable by far. Alternatively also but v.difficult to source: norwegian desert boots or british paratrooper boots. Brilliant hiking boots and no breaking-in required.
Avoid: Scarpa.

>I'm as organised as a damn goldfish. I need this much of a list.

LifeBalance

mayo 03, 2005 10:16 p. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

Cheers Sal. In June I'll sort out equipment, but I'd been meaning to ask you where the best rucksacks are from, as you'd mentioned them before.
Ecco's a good idea also. Expensive, but good.

Re: LifeBalance - I don't own a computer. How's a software proggy going to balance my life?

mayo 06, 2005 3:35 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home