abril 30, 2005

Foot in It

Dammit. I never checked the date my contract at work ends.

In eleven years, I've only had the summer contract end after my birthday (the 22nd July) once. Eleven years!

So I assumed. Booked the first flight for the 20th.

And today realised that the last day I'm contracted to work is ... the 22nd.


bugger

I have three options:
  • Take a sickie. I'm leaving, after all. Lord knows I've taken enough sickies, but they've all been genuine - purposely buggering off and landing people in it really isn't my style.

  • Change the flights. This will have a knock on effect for every other flight, and for all the visas. Plus: quelle horreur! I'd be in Catford, not Honolulu, for my birthday.

  • Ask Beg for those days as unpaid leave. Sob. Unpaid!


I know, I know. I'm a fuckwit of a fool. I do know this.