octubre 22, 2005

No

Buddha's open for business
Buddha's open for business,
originally uploaded by digitalia.
The Malaysians love to say no, (whereas Chinese Singaporeans seem to do anything to avoid using the word no - give you the wrong food, the n wrong directions, send you off into the far distance - anything to oblige).
Sample conversation here:
"So you're telling me I can't sit down?"
"No."
"Can I eat this?"
"No."
"What, this food, you're selling to me? I can't sit down and I can't eat it? Can I put it in a bin?"
"No."
"There are no bins in Malaysia?"
"No."
"There are no seats in Malaysia?"
"No."
"What about them, they're sitting down?"
"No."
"Why can't I sit down?"
"No."
"So you're telling me I can buy food but I am not allowed to eat it?"
"No."
"I'm just going to sit down here and see if you can stop me then."
"Yes."