mayo 04, 2006

Force Majeure

Where next ... India!
Where next ... India!,
originally uploaded by digitalia.
Brief placeholder, to fill in the details later ... just to point out that I am accursed. I only have to think of going somewhere for disaster to fall.

Nepal: mass rebellion and overthrow (touch wood) of the monarchy; strikes and power cuts, and closed borders.
Tibet: avalanches (two!).
Varanasi: bombings.
Andamans: Cyclone Mala... A cyclone. For crab sake.

Apart from the night I spent in a wooden hut five yards from the sea in the cyclone, it was gorgeous. Full of mind bogglingly big fish, and octopi.
A cyclone. Though.

A bloody cyclone.

I thought about going to Ecuador in August, and, sooner than that, Gujarat - cue bombs and riots and terror.

Mumbai on Monday. Bollywood better watch out.

Let me know if you're going on holiday anywhere - it's possible by now that I can distract the vile forces of fickle fate from your path, such is the sucking intensity of my hold over force majeure.

1 Advice:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

I did read, listen or hear news reports about some of these events and kind of make the connection, yes. I was thinking of asking you to go to some foreign locations where relatives I particularly loathe live, but apart from thinking that might be a bit too cruel (because you might meet the relatives, obviously), I reckoned it would be slightly off your planned route.

And you sent me an email ages ago, and I haven't replied. I am officially crap. Will do so this weekend.

mayo 04, 2006 5:38 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home