marzo 23, 2006

So where've you been? 26 Tibet - Lhasa, not much like Mombasa

lion shadow
lion shadow,
originally uploaded by digitalia.
I made it to civilisation, to Lhasa, Tibet, today. Scariest, most brutal ride of my life. Much to tell, but also much altitude-sickness-lost-sleep to regain.

Tibet is one of the scariest, most bizarre places in the world you can go to. It's unreal. Indescribable. You can stick your Laos and Cambodia. This is like trekking on the moon.

perspective

Still can't see any blogs or news sites. (Can only post on here via flickr.) So I can't tell how likely it is I'll be able to navigate my way back through Nepal (or whether to head east into Yunnan province and fly to India later) Thanks, China!

And in today's email newsflash:
In some ways travelling is like being a child. You get to externalise everything - you don't have to make all the hard decisions, and you can let movement and transience replace the hard
slog to create real meaning in your life. I have this chance once - when the money runs out, i'll never be able to afford places like hawaii or tibet ever again. Everyone I know thinks I'm stupid for spending this money instead of buying a nice house and settling
somewhere. But I figure if I'm not going to have children or a partner (and I sincerely want neither of the above), I need some thing that I value, not that my friends value.

God I hate it when I start sounding zen.

3 Advice:

Blogger eroica said...

um, so i guess you won't get this message... but HELLOOOO anyhow. i'll leave you a flickr comment.
*smooch*

marzo 23, 2006 11:40 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Value baby.

Value.

Give 'er for all it's worth.

marzo 24, 2006 10:22 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hm.... I recognise that piece of Zen wisdom.. ;)

abril 04, 2006 2:20 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home