mayo 03, 2005

Tedium

Insurance policies are so damn boring.

Racking up the cost just because North America and Australia have any decent healthcare is even more tedious.

I'm three days overdue on making a decision about duration of policy, coverage, geographical limits, and so on and so forth until my head smashes flat into the damn keyboard, and I'm pretty much ready to buy any damn policy as long as they don't bother me with any of this utter rubbish any longer.

I haven't yet signed off on the lease for my flat, either.

I think about all the bloody boxes I just spent a year fighting to get back, that are unopened behind the sofa, and the whole thing feels impossible.

Inevitable feelings of impossible. Also tedious.

2 Advice:

Blogger Sal said...

?
you definitely NEED cover for USA, due to the taxbreak-fuelled insurance-fuelled medical cost-explosion there over the last 50-100 years. $100k for a week in hospital for a non-resident, no entry without insurance. merry christmas.

but oz and uk have reciprocation agreements re medicare/nationalhealthservice, i thought. in which case you'd only need to insure for sport type stuff. :) which would let you off :)
my info is old, and what i've seen of the bureaucrats swamping the oz rules in the last decade, it could well now be as bad as a normal country. the parasites are now firmly in control. "someone should do something"
but check the reciprocation rights.

mayo 03, 2005 10:08 p. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

Thanks, Sal. You're not far off the mark - UK citizens get pretty much cheaper healthcare in Aus than in other non-euro countries, (N US excepted), it turns out.

Course if I had a sodding computer, I'd have found that out weeks ago. Nnnnggggg.

mayo 06, 2005 3:23 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home