junio 02, 2005

Interest deficit

You'd think, when you ring HSBC and ask them if you can give them £45K to invest, that they'd ring you back in under a week, wouldn't you?

J-- is horrified that the money I made in March is still sat in a current account, losing me £5 a day in lost interest.

I wanted to be able to be cuddled in the comfy expertise of others paid to Know More Than Me about what to do with the stuff, but as Shanaz at HSBC doesn't fucking want my money, then I'm faced with the awful prospect of actually doing some of my own research.

Shit-sticks.

I 'found' (or rather, J-- did) numerous savings accounts that all sound pretty much the bloody same, then found the best rate reserved for people drawing non-means-tested state benefit for their kids, ridiculously enough.

Deliberately losing interest, now.

1 Advice:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Good tip. Get yourself a financial advisor. Say you're looking into life insurance. They'll give you a consultation for free, then you casually mention you're after somewhere to get some interest on your money, and they'll come back with lots of good stuff for you to look at.

1. Make sure they're independent
2. Make sure they're regulated (FSA, I think)
3. Be vague in the beginning (looking at life insurance, pensions, investments, etc) so they'll bring lots of info and do it for free

Hope that helps?

junio 05, 2005 6:43 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home