mayo 15, 2005

Attack of the fifty foot wobblies

I was rooted to the spot by fear and disappointment. By things I've failed to plan or arrange, or do. By things I suddenly knew would go wrong. By the calamities and horrors and plain old fasioned dangers of the journey ahead.
Frozen.

The only cure: leech off the excitement of others.

Because my itinerary was formed only by the question: "where were you happiest? Where do you wish you could be again?" I'm going to many places I'd never heard of, thought little of, never intended or hoped to visit.
Apart from their foreignness, there's no mental image held inside of what Bangkok will be like, why people visit Mumbai, what one is supposed to be excited over in Singapore. I know nothing of these places.

So the wisest cure I could think of was to go and ask people to recharge my impulse journey with a pop cultural implant.

Thank you to N-- and K-- for showing me the photos of the buddhist trails of India.
Thank you to Sal for talking me through stacks of photographs far removed from the path in Ecuador.
Thank you to Waterhot for enthusing at lunch about Bangkok and Singapore.

And for a mildly sarcastic remark that helped eliminate the tincture of last night's fears: "oh yeah, I can just see you now: returning in six months with your tail between your legs. Sure"

6 Advice:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

I'll be here next April. Partially in Calgary, renovating and partially here, finishing up - want to be house-sold and gone by end of May.

mayo 19, 2005 1:45 p. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

Great. Because I really really want to visit you. (if that's ok?!)

mayo 20, 2005 5:20 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Ab-so-fucking-lutely. :)

mayo 21, 2005 4:05 a. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

Was chatting to a Canadian girl on Saturday who said I wouldn't even recognise as possible the degrees of cold that your end of the country got until late May.... :)

mayo 23, 2005 11:26 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Well, it's still snowing in Alberta but out here, it's basically London weather right now, grey, rainy with occasional breathtaking blue sky hot days. You're best to start at this end.

mayo 23, 2005 4:22 p. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

Cor. Getting excited!

mayo 23, 2005 7:36 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home