mayo 25, 2005

Mistakes

I'm finally gaining some sense of urgency (six weeks and two days to go), and doing something every day. Which makes for more frequent posting here, I suppose. Sorry about that.

Today I worried, very inconsequentially, about jet lag. Not the jabs I need, the personal banker I need to see, the horrendously low IQ that made me book the MOT I need to sell my car on a bank holiday, not the emergency dentist appointment I need so that one of these days I can actually eat again without having to numb the worstearthshakingagonyIeverfelt (tm) with alcohol rubs (what, rubbing your liver doesn't count?) ... so today, I booked a youth hostel dorm for every night just after a really majorly draining long flight.
Bear in mind that I live in Europe. Thusly, I think forty minutes is a long way to go to get to another country.
Think also about that starvation level insomnia exaggerated rage obscured low IQ.

Yes, I forgot all the time zones.

I mean really, is it so unreasonable to expect that if you set off at X, then a four hour flight to Y will get you there within the same day?

Noooooooooooo. I arrive two days later. In one instance, a day earlier.
I added them up. Overall, I lose three days.

Where do they go?
So now I have to telephone Auckland from work, making me even more popular than when I forgot to turn up this morning, change all my reservations. The reservations that really didn't need doing till late June.
One thing mainly useful, at least. If by any chance you're planning some travelling too. This.

10 Advice:

Blogger Karen said...

How come Philippines is not in your itinerary? I take beef with that. :-)

on the other hand, if you do decide to go to the Philippines I would be so delighted and excited to meet you, and you would be also delighted and excited to meet me and we would probably set up a date or something and met up in some coffee shop or somewhere and have all these really unrealistic expectation of each other and finally meet each other and over cups of coffee and pieces of cakes we realize that we aren't remotely alike to the unrealistic persona we were imagining each other to be and be really disappointed in each other's real life persona and wished that we remained dearly beloved internet friends and then lose interest in each other's blog and then tell the internet about it and so on and so forth... you know, the horror process that Oblivio wrote, about internet friends meeting in real life...

but then Philippines in March, June and December is beautiful and I would still welcome you and would certainly want to meet you.

mayo 25, 2005 10:32 p. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

Karen, I got a grade U in Geography, and I think on this particular blog, that qualification shines through. I don't *know* where they are, and equally, I don't really *know* where I'm going. I shall be in the Cook Islands, in Fiji, and in Bali soonish. Are any of those near you? If I *can* potentially meet you, believe me, I *want* to.
Send me a DAMN email address, woman!

mayo 26, 2005 12:13 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Emailing you some bali links. North side of the island though, away from the tourists.

mayo 26, 2005 2:11 a. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

Excellent! D--has said Ubud is the place to be, but I keep forgetting to write that down.

mayo 26, 2005 6:55 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

As well, I've started making lists that I can add to as I go in the "Navigating" portion of the Boat so there may be things there that will jog your memory / that you didn't think of. I have loads to add which I will do over the weekend probably.

mayo 26, 2005 11:30 p. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

Right - will keep tabs on it, then. Cheers.

mayo 27, 2005 7:12 a. m.  
Blogger Karen said...

*sigh* no you are not going anywhere near me, the nearest being Indonesia (Bali). Btw, there are such things as maps you know *grin* so then you'll at least have an inkling of where you are going.

I think I sent you my email addy already, as you must have realized since I am spending time in this blog, the url of which you sent through email.

But no matter V. Email addy, sending through audacity...

It would be so fun to read your posts from abroad.

mayo 29, 2005 2:51 p. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

Maps? Have I not mentioned my 'ungraded' fail in Geography here?

And ... you don't reply to email, thus I didn't know if it was getting through!

mayo 29, 2005 6:04 p. m.  
Blogger Karen said...

LOL

You are one impatient woman!

mayo 30, 2005 12:13 a. m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Sent you an email to audacity, just now.

mayo 30, 2005 12:27 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home