mayo 30, 2005

Weigh-it

More really good ideas: buy a shit tent. Thanks, D--.

[No, seriously, I'm not going to use it much, so I want something light that won't matter when I dump it as too much baggage, cos it's deteriorating at a rate of a zillion knots per picasecond anyway.]

So off I went to Decathlon, to find out what the lightest tent in the world is.
I found the fastest tent in the world - two seconds to put up. Doesn't even sound that impressive till you realise that those two seconds are spent hurling the thing into the air - it goes into space a flat round heavy lump, and by the time it lands is a fully formed three person tent. If you're going to carry a tent to and from your car and use it to puke in at festivals, it's the best buy ever. Plus, is that not a crowd pleaser? I am camper see me hurl.


£80 for 980g of floor snail style tent, and the no cost extra of the charming smile of Piedad, the helpfullest pixie assistant in Rotherhithe.

This made me worry about What Things Weigh.

A kilo for some walking boots? A kilo for a backpack? Another kilo for a tent? (hammer not included) Another again for a sleeping bag?
That's four kilogrammes of backbreaking toil before I add in my extensive Snoopy-logo knicker collection.

Whimper.

f-- has written frequent emails exhorting me to take one item of clothing and copious quantities of string with me - all else is unnecessary. (Apart from a £50 sunhat.)
This is stretching the bounds of likely, so she's going to drag me round the shops next week and see to it that I purchase the damn string.

How's that going to help me when I'm afraid of bears in the Hawaiian state national parks?

2 Advice:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

2 items of clothing - you need something to wear when washing the other item at the launderette (or other public washing space). You could knit a vest from the copious amounts of string, but (unless you're very good at knitting) packing a spare T shirt is simpler.

junio 06, 2005 9:38 p. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

I need more than two outfits of clothing, (though I'm bloody anal about weight, by now).
I was all up for the two outfits, till I remembered the existence of explosive diarrhoea....

junio 07, 2005 5:39 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home