noviembre 16, 2005

Answers to questions sent by email

1. If you want to sponsor me for the 80km bike ride to raise funds for KOTO, please email me at audacity at gmail dot com.

2. No, I do not know how you're suppposed to get the money to me. My friends are FANTASTIC because they have promised upward of $250 in just 24 hours, but I can't get any info from KOTO about how to get money from A to B.

3. As I will be in Ha Noi this weekend, though, I figured I can just ask them when I'm there.

4. DON'T send the money to me, though. i will spend it on beefy noodles. And I am the last person on earth without a paypal account.

5. Because Paypal hates me.

6. If you want to send me a letter or a christmas card, if you post it before the end of November, please send it here:
Anh Dao Hotel,
37 Ma May Street,
Old Ha Noi,
Vietnam.

Mark it with my surname underlines, and note on the outside that they should hold it until 17th December 2005. Bear in mind that your country may write dates in a different format to other countries when you do this. Also bear in mind that the hotel staff aren't that cool here, and I've been reduced to threatening to report the receptionsit for stealing my mail to get them to even check if I have any, so don't send anything crucial or valuable.

7. If you don't recall my surname, email me and ask about it.

8. If you want to send me mail later than that, you can send it to Vanessa SURNAME (obviously my surname isn't surname, that would be weird) at:
Poste Restante,
Th Charoen Muang,
Chiang Mai,
Chiang Mai Province,
Thailand.

That will count for the first week or so of December. Please write in capitals, because Thai script doesn't use a roman alphabet. And note on the envelope to hold it until 2nd January 2006. After that, they'll destroy it. So please don't send me a christmas present this way.

9. After that you have until early January, to send mail to me at:
Poste Restante,
Th Charoen Krung,
Bangrak,
Bangkok,
Thailand.

I can pick it up in mid February, and it's safe to assume three weeks journey time for your envelope.

10. I feel much better at present, thank you. I was particularly happy to get long emails about the weather in NSW from fishboy, interesting emails from Billy and waterhot, and voicemails from Frogstar, jatb, looby, and Jen. And entertaining photos from Lux. You have no idea how disproportionately such small things cheer you up.

11. But it's a week after my last dive today, and I can feel the first fingers of post-narced moroseness already at my neck, so I shall probably be a bit miserable for a few days again. That's okay, I can survive that. The crux of my woes are being on holiday after all, it's not deadly serious.

12. But if you do want to send me emails and voicemails this week, they will really count.

13. The number to call for voicemails depends on which country you're ringing from. Suffice to say, my account number is 2103935603, you signal you've finished typing a number by pressing #, and you'll have to input that as you follow the recorded kiwi giving you very clear instructions.
From the UK dial 0800-028-9653
From the USA dial 0800 182 7643
From France dial 0805 113 721
From Singapore dial 800-120-3480
From Holland dial 0800-020-3235
From Germany dial 0800 182 7643
From NZ dial 0800-445-108
From Canada dial 1866-626-9724
From the Phillippines they won't let you dial anything
From Mexico dial 01800-088-5000
From Switzerland dial 0800-834-578
Did I forget anyone?

14. You're lovely. Thanks.

4 Advice:

Blogger Karen said...

The instructions about the post mail gets me all tangled up. My brain's capacity for complexity doesn't go beyond the loo and remembering to take lunch between 11am to 1pm and NOT at 4pm - otherwise I just feel woozy until I crash into bed at 2am.

Let me get some sleep first then I will have to read your instructions again. And the thing about the voice mail? We are a text message maniac country. Beyond that, is beyond us, until the telecommunication monopoly monolith forces us (through lovely glossy and MTV-like ads) to realize the need to learn the how-to's of whatever is beyond us.

noviembre 16, 2005 5:59 a. m.  
Blogger fishboy said...

Hey, what about Australia? Then I can ring you and leave one of my patented pointless answerphone messages. Probably telling you even more about the weather in Sydney if you're lucky..

noviembre 16, 2005 9:16 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

yay! You answered all my questions with this post. So apologies about the email I just sent asking all these questions :)

And I can send you a voice message! That's really cool! :)

Right, I'm cracking up. I need to go for a cigarette...

Love from those lemony pillows

noviembre 17, 2005 10:29 a. m.  
Blogger mc said...

Mmm... the kiwi voice says that this account number does not exist.
I'm probably being thick and misdialing; too much sudafed.

be well...

noviembre 17, 2005 7:53 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home