febrero 13, 2006

Mail

Tiki petals
So ... I checked mmy mail address in Bangkok, but there was nothing there.

So ... I checked my mail address in Kathmandu, but there was nothing there (irritating; I know three people had written to that address a month ago).

So ... I checked the poste restante in Kathmandu - found an old teapot and a bale of straw, but no letters.
Bah, I thought: oh well, send some postcards to people.

indian journeys

So ... I sent long chatty emails to nineteen people, and postcards and letters to another ten. Seventeen of the email recipients didn't bother to reply. One person commented that they'd got a card from Laos.

So ... it reminded me of writing long airmail letters while I was in the UK. I write long long LONG letters, in tiny script, usually to the same person, and whenever anyone back home saw me writing one, the cry was the same "why don't I get letters like that?"

The answer's simple.

So ... Quick reminder to all the people who watching me crafting some tiny-scripted letter on airmail paper, and wondered why they hadn't had that many postcards off me.

1. Cos most of them aren't getting through. I'm still missing six parcels myself, and I haven't spoken to anyone who's received as many letters as I've sent them.

2. Cos I send more mail to people who write back to me.
You don't write, you don't get. Kapische?