mayo 06, 2006

So where've you been? 27 Nepal again - Responsible Tourism

Trying to contextualise and think of moments that stick in the cerebellum:

In Kathmandu I sat watching a city cow eating rubbish in the street after dark, some 8 year old streetkids scrabbled up and asked for money. I was patiently explaining to them that if I give them money it would mean other children come to the city and beg instead of going to school or finding a real job, and halfway through my pompous diatribe about responsible tourism, a german couple walk past and cut the shit by just giving the kids two papads.
I felt *that* big.

the Elenas

Multiplied by a hundred, when their first reaction was to eagerly split them into three and share them out with me.
Not only did I not give them anything, not only did I lecture them on why, not only did I press them to agree it was better they go hungry - I actually took the food from their mouths.

Go me.

1 Advice:

Blogger eroica said...

*g*
you hard woman
x

mayo 12, 2006 9:47 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home