mayo 07, 2005

I Forgot

Damn insurance. I forgot stop 1 - Hawaii - is part of the US. So now the insurers want to charge me seven months US rate insurance. Fuckers.

In other news, I opened three years worth of mail; £3k of cheques (outdated), and two CCJs. Blegh.

The best thing has been getting a Sound Walk CD from K and N - an audio guide to Varanasi, India. Delicious way of visualising yourself into the future. Stunning.
Bloody calming and atmospheric medita-amuser on a three hour drive to pick up a borrowed laptop from S.

And I opened a TravelPod. Hm. Looking at it when sober, I think possibly not.

6 Advice:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Who was the insurance with? TELL ME. lol.

mayo 10, 2005 1:00 a. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

Ha. Trailfinders. Which is now seeming awful expensive.

mayo 10, 2005 7:21 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

nope, it looks like a good one. more coverage (exchange rate wise) than the US policies and a bit less expensive as well. I think you've done well.

mayo 11, 2005 2:41 a. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

Thank fucking christ. And phew. You've no idea how much I could use a bit of head nodding and vaguely assenting noises on this. The more concrete the plans, the more it seems as if all I ever get are lamely nonspecific "ooh aren't you lucky" or "what on earth made you structure it like that" responses. I think everybody in the world assumes you're sorted for moral support, but 'elsewhere'.

mayo 12, 2005 9:09 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

I find that too, except most people here can't even wrap their heads around ANY of it, let alone pick apart my decisions.

I'm excited. Every day. For you. And for me. And I feel sorry for everyone else who'll let the fear stop them.

We rock, you and I.

"Vagabonding" by Rolf Potts is a quick and easy decent read with tons of moral support and very little 'details'. I recommend it, it will bolster your conviction and notch up your excitement.

mayo 15, 2005 2:06 a. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

Only just caught this comment, Jen, weeks later, when I finally changed my mind and bought different insurance (similar price, better cover).

Will get onto amazon and buy that Potts, now. Thanks.

Further moral support ALL gratefully received. :)

mayo 24, 2005 4:37 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home