junio 10, 2005

Typhilitic Cuntymints

So now I have learnt an important lesson: make bloody certain sure that you're not coming down with flu on the day you have all your travel jabs.

Unfortunately, I didn't think of such things, thought the fact I was actively losing vocabulary and thought processes in front of the damn nurse was mere hayfever. Because I'm a fucking dickhead.

I just spent two days sleeping through fevers 18 hours daily, the rest gargling vitamins, cooking up brazilian beefsteaks the size of my face, and sitting in a pool of my own fetid sweat, willing my macrophages to win the war against both flu bugs and typhoid.

All the while expelling so much stuff from my bloodied nostrils that I swear there were fucking brains in it.

Not pleasant. Not not not not not not pleasant. My right arm didn't uncoil from the curled rigor mortis spasm of typhoid jab for twenty four hours solid. You try wiping your fucking arse with a rigid claw.
Today's the first point I've been able to wash or dress, and after four hours of letter writing I have to brave an expedition to buy tissues and milk now (how am I going to cope when I can't whinge on to the internet about My Hard Life?), and I'm already more than fit for another eighteen hour stint in the stinking pit of duvet.

For the sake of record, I have to write up my immunisations: typhoid nurse (favourite journey: Manaus and the amazon) recommended I purchase a filofax. Pah. Paper is so twentieth century. Ignore this bit, each one hurt, so it's not nice:

1989 - Tetanus, Typhoid, Polio, Hepatitis A
3.1998 - Polio, Hepatitis A, Typhoid, Yellow Fever (valid to 2008)
6.2005 - Typhoid (valid to 2007)
Tetanus due again Feb 2006
[Malaysia peninsula & sarok + Indonesia west papa & lombok require stronger anti malarials than elsewhere]


Things are not proceeding well: you could help out, though, by giving me some advice, on those links on the right hand side ... =====>

3 Advice:

Blogger Sal said...

oo haven't you done the per-region links in a strange way; what i said appears not to have registered.

do this:

go into Blogger Dashboard ->Settings ->Archiving, set "Enable Post Pages" to "Yes"

re-publish blog

look at what happens to the URL of each post when you click tru the permalink

junio 11, 2005 3:14 p. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

> what i said appears not to have registered.

Did you read this post? :)

> look at what happens to the URL of each post when you click tru the permalink

Looks ok to me: what's the error?

junio 11, 2005 3:56 p. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

Just went in and looked - they ARE enabled ... ? Is it your machine that's seeing something different from me?

junio 11, 2005 3:58 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home