junio 12, 2005

Do Not Go There

A stray comment over there about a war in Nepal I didn't know anything of sent me to the Foreign Office website, to see what the status of these countries is. "Cancel all but essential travel" is the tidemark for tour operators to pull out, and Thailand fits this category right now, and India / Malaysia are a whisper away.

Indonesia goes one better, it's in their "Do not go there" list.

Response: I logged into the FCO to get emailed updates of any status changes for any of the countries I'm going to in the first six months, and logged onto google weekly alerts for news of these regions, so at least I'm better informed.

Question: if I go anyway, does that invalidate my travel insurance?

2 Advice:

Blogger Karen said...

If there is chicken flu in Thailand, the thing to do is avoid eating any chicken-based dishes. Of course.

junio 17, 2005 1:47 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Do you mean bird flu? I didn't think that was hw it was propagating at the moment, but, fair point... :)

junio 17, 2005 12:22 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home