julio 21, 2005

Honolulu - disorientey fadey fog ness

In Honolulu now, after 21 solid ours of travelling - feel very light headed. Have tried ringing you guys but keep getting the number wrong or card not ok for that phone - porbably for the best as it's 4am your time.

I entered a children's competition on the flight from SF to Hawaii, to guess the exact moment we got to the middle point of the journey, and won. I now have to carry around 3 tins of macadamia nuts..... I hate macadamia nuts.

First thing that happened when I got to the youth hostel was they handed me a birthday card from S---, which was well cool. I had to wrench the 88 year old at reception from reading it.

Have already found a four inch dead cockroach next to my pillow in the youth hostel, and been bothered by a mad old drunk Hawaiian bloke in the local shop.

I'm going to blither on the net till everybody knows I got here ok, then go back to my cockroach and sleep the sleep of the macadamia nut winner.

4 Advice:

Blogger Sal said...

And so now that you've landed, the next stage of your life can begin- the stage where you have the joy of choice in all things.

  To learn the age-old lesson day by day:
  It is not in the bright arrival planned,
  But in the dreams men dream along the way,
  They find the Golden Road to Samarkand

    -- old Afghan song, perhaps Firdausi or Omar


travel well

julio 21, 2005 9:01 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

So glad you got here. :-)

But hang on a second. Bloody fog or not, you arrive in HAWAII and all the scenery you can mention is a cockroach? Do tell me you're finding it unfucking believably beautiful.

julio 21, 2005 11:37 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Happy b'day! Hope that you had a nice day - it's 25 mins to 11 at night in Hawaii but your b'day is only just starting here.... Hope you get some yummy cake. Love S

julio 22, 2005 7:34 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Happy Birthday!

Glad you've arrived safely. Will be more eloquent later!

julio 22, 2005 4:33 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home