septiembre 20, 2006

aquí estoy

Quito and I are not speaking any more. The honeymoon drew to a frosty, sudden close.
I can't eat any more rice, any more huevos, I can't suffer Quito's icy 6am showers, they remind me too much of an old man with no teeth spitting, I can't blithely walk into morning smog cloud dense enough to make the Andes disappear.
I'm the snappish bitter wife who wishes Quito would scrub up a bit, act more like we'd just met, send me flower sellers, offer me its ayudar, its corázon once more.

So to spite the whingeing, which can be considerable and lengthy (if I sent mail, I apologise. disculpe) I offer you one of the prettiest dictations I´ve transcribed at mi escuela:

Elefante - Durmiendo con la Luna

Aquí estoy entre el amor y el olvido
Entre recuerdos y el frió
Entre el silencio y tu voz
Aquí estoy viendo pasar los segundos
Viendo pasar los minutos
Viendo pasar el amor
Aquí estoy con la sonrisa fingida
Que me dejó tu partida
Como un verano sin sol
Aquí estoy sin la mitad de mi vida
Uncallejón sin salida
Viendo la vida pasar
Aquí estoy cantándole a la fortuna
Soñando con tu cintura
Con lo que nunca será
Aquí estoy enredado con la duda
Durmiéndo con la luna
Despertándo con el sol
Aquí estoy

4 Advice:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Bad online translation reads:

Here I am between the love and the forgetfulness
Between memories and fried
Between silence and your voice
I am seeing Here spend the seconds
Seeing to spend the minutes
Being seen to pass the love
I am Here with the pretended smile
That left your game me
As a summer without sun
I am without half of my Uncallejón life
without exit Seeing
the life Here to happen
Here I am singing to him to the fortune
Dreaming about your waist
With which never it will be
Here I am romped with the Durmiéndo
doubt with the Despertándo
moon with the sun
I am Here

septiembre 21, 2006 9:49 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Just read about that bus accident outside Quito - hope you are safe and sound!

septiembre 25, 2006 5:41 a. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

Yeah, completely.

47 ten year olds dead. You'd think that would have an effect on seat belts, overtaking like a lunatic, drink-driving, etc. Unfortunately, no.

septiembre 27, 2006 5:21 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Sorry the honeymoon is over already. But what could you expect of such a gunshot wedding? All those cultural differences between you and your groom. Poor Quito.

Cuenca te espera. Se mejor con el.

Buen viaje!

octubre 01, 2006 6:30 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home