septiembre 27, 2006

me address. es. possibly.

I'm in a bizarre self inflicted rush. Tengo prisa.
Just to say: I'm leaving Quito permanently on the 13th, so you haveabout two days exactly to post that letter there*, or change theaddress to the next one.
I think the next one listed in the sidebar here is Cayenne, in French Guiana, where I can pick stuff up in late November.
But if you want an address in between now and two months from now, then ... there are options.
  • I'll definitely be in Cuenca, Ecuador till October 25th, studying a bit more spanish.
  • I'll also call at Iquitos, Peru at the start of November [but I don't know for sure that I'll have time to get mail there, and as there's noroads to the place, I don't know if mail wil take forever to get thereor not. So if you send anything there, let me know.]
  • I will DEFINITELY go to Manaus, Brazil, for early November, and will have time to pick up mail. And it's a big, reliable city.
* That letter you OWE me. Yeah, you. You got postcards, right? You didn't reply to emails, right? I send out 40 DIFFERENT emails or cards and I can count repliers on the finger of one finger.
** If you have my home address in Quito, DON'T send anything there. It's super convenient for me to pick up, but it has the disadvantage of an extra week for the entire apartment block to read the thing first.
Letters sent to the Lista De Correos in Quito, (the addy in the sidebar) are quicker, delivery takes about 12 days.
*** Lista de Correos, Correo Central, then the name of the city, plus the country is probably enough of an address to get somewhere. In the end.
OKAY: resume of addresses:
  1. Quito Lista De Correos (aka Poste Restante), Correo Central, Espejo 935, Quito, Ecuador - not valid after 2 days, (your end)
  2. Lista De Correos, Correo Central, Cuenca, Ecuador - not valid after 7th Oct
  3. Lista De Correos, Serpost, Arica 102, Iquitos, Amazonas, Peru - not valid after 20th Oct - dodgy. WARN me.
  4. Posta Restante, Correios, Rua Marcílio Dias 160, Manaus, Amazonas, Brasíl **** - not valid after 25th Oct
  5. Poste Restante, La Poste, Place Leopold Heder, Cayenne****, French Guiana, France. - not valid after 14th Nov
  6. Poste Restante, Korte Kerkstraat 1, Paramaribo, Suriname. - not valid after 25th Nov
**** Recap: MANAUS! CAYENNE! These are good reliable time frames!

4 Advice:

Blogger eroica said...

ooh i hope mine arrives before you leave!

octubre 01, 2006 4:36 a. m.  
Blogger Lectrice said...

If you posted it already, then hopefully it will. Thankyou, by the way...!

octubre 02, 2006 7:14 p. m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Hope you got the postcard I sent you.

octubre 06, 2006 8:45 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Thankyou! Got frogstar's letter, and three postcards from London. Nowt else, yet.

octubre 10, 2006 11:59 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home